Seals, O-rings (also called packing or toric joints), circlips (also called C-clips, spring steel circlips, Seeger rings or snap rings) are among engineering’s support stars.
Typically, O-rings are relatively low-precision parts, often manufactured from synthetic rubber or thermoplastic. But they do vital service in static and dynamic engineering applications where effective sealing is required, often at several thousand PSI.
The importance of seals, O-rings and circlips is why, after decades in engineering supplies, we’ve built strong partnerships with the world’s leading seal companies. These alliances mean we can give you a wide choice of different products and specifications. And they’re backed by all the pre- and after-sales support you’ll need.
With extensive stocks and proven delivery arrangements, we can meet your requirements, whether you’re a Hertfordshire classic car restorer or a Far Eastern food manufacturer. Did we mention how much more we do than just supply from trade counters or van deliveries around the English Home Counties? Our customers (like our suppliers) span the globe. Each benefits from dealing with our friendly, knowledgeable privately-owned company. So how can we help you?
Call +44 (0) 1923 261 777 or email us today for advice and fast delivery on seals, O-rings and circlips
More on sourcing seals, O-rings and circlips
As with other similar engineering supplies and consumables, identifying and sourcing obscure seals, O-rings and circlips can be a nightmare. Fortunately, after decades of experience, we’ve a great success rate at sourcing the perfect product for your needs. Here are some of the seals, O-rings and circlips that we supply:
- Metric & Imperial rotary shaft seals (we make specials too)
- V Seals: Nitrile and Viton (up to 2m shaft diameter)
- Piston seals: hydraulic and pneumatic
- Wipers and scrapers: rubber, poly and metal cased
- U Rings (cup/hat seal): fabric, poly, rubber and leather
- Circlips: internal, external, E-Clips (DIN and USA)
- Washers: copper, fibre and felt
- Rings: Imperial and Metric in a wide range of materials
- Bonded washers: PP45, Nitrile, Viton and silicone
With so many different, often apparently similar, seals, O-rings and circlips available, we look at several characteristics to correctly identify your requirement. As a starting point, please help us to help you by identifying (where possible) the characteristics of your existing product.
Tips for identifying seals, O-rings and circlips
To help us correctly identify the correct product for your purpose, we consider various factors:
- How will it be used (e.g. for food-grade applications, where food-grade PTFE material is required)?
- What’s the seal made of?
- Does it have a distinctive cross-sectional profile? Despite their name, not all ‘O-rings’ have a circular cross section. Square-cut profiles, ‘cross’ profiles and ‘C’ section O-rings also exist, as well as other variations.
- Will O-rings be used in high temperature or high-pressure environments?
- Is special chemical compatibility required?
- What colour is the existing item? This may or may not have functional implications, but can help us identify what you need.
- Does a seal have special functional characteristics (such as an integral wiper lip)?
- What size is the seal or O-ring? The most important dimensions are the internal diameter and the thickness/cross-section.
There’s no substitute for professional support
Armed with previous supply details (if available) and manufacturers’ specifications, you may feel confident to specify your seals, O-rings and circlips. In case of difficulty, please remember that we’re here to help you find what you need.
Whether it’s O-rings for a domestic shower, or wiper seals for massive driveshafts, our decades of experience take the pain out of finding the right seal.
Call +44 (0) 1923 261 777 or email us today for seals, O-rings and circlips you can count on
For product orders or assistance, phone 01923 261777