Let’s talk about castors and wheels, the swivel castors, tyres, drive wheels, rollers and pallet wheels that make it easier to move things around your factories, yards, distribution depots and sales outlets.
Have you ever silently (or not so silently) cursed a dodgy castor wheel on your supermarket trolley? If so, you’ll understand the importance of correct performance from these small, but often taken-for-granted, engineering components…
As engineering supplies specialists, we’d be remiss not to include wheels and castors in our range. Whether you’re designing a new trolley or repairing a trusty pallet truck, our engineering background means we understand the importance of quickly, accurately, sourcing ‘things that roll’.
Among over £1m of stock at four depots, you’d be amazed at the range of wheels and castors we keep or can order. Now add four decades’ experience and one of the most helpful teams in engineering. Can you understand why we’re often the first call when businesses like yours need the right part, first time from a trustworthy supplier?
Call +44 (0) 1923 261 777 or email us now for the wheels and castors your business rolls on.
More about buying wheels and castors
What’s the role of wheels and castors for you? If any of the following are relevant to you, we can usually help:
- Swivel castors
- Fixed castors
- Drive wheels
- Pallet truck wheels and rollers
We also stock (or can quickly get) pneumatic tyres as well as wheels and castors in the following materials:
- Cast iron
And not just tiny castors for supermarket trolleys either. We regularly supply industrial wheels, rollers and castors with diameters between 30mm and 600mm, and load-handling capabilities from 15 to 20,000kg (2 tonnes) – that’s a big weekly shop!
Now, what do you need to move around your factory, yard or sales facility?
Specifying the right wheels or castors
After decades in engineering supplies, and with a background in real-world engineering, our 15-strong UK team is well equipped to give you all the pre-and post-sales advice and support you need for wheels, castors and rollers.
From experience, here’s the most important information we’ll need to source the right product for you:
- What’s the application? Light duty in small yards requires completely different wheels and castors to heavy industrial use. By the way, will the wheel or castor have to resist a chemical or other corrosive environment?
- Do you have an original specification or previous order details? If you can locate any paperwork it will be a great help.
- Does the wheel or castor carry stamped-on details or other identifying marks? Maybe a part number or product name?
- What’s your existing wheel or castor made of?
- What’s its diameter?
- Does it have an attaching plate, and what’s its shape and size? If the plate has bolt holes, what are their diameters and exact spacing?
- What colour is any tyre – different colours give useful information about the wheel/castor.
- What weight is the wheel or castor required to carry?
- As ever when sourcing engineering parts and components, a clear digital photograph may be all we need to identify the right wheel or castor.
Your wheels, rollers or castors are just a call or email away
The first step to sourcing new or replacement wheels or castors is usually a chat with our team. Because we’ve actually worked in engineering and aren’t just sourcing from catalogues, we’ll give you advice based on practical experience wherever possible.
Call +44 (0) 1923 261 777 or email us now to get sales and technical support for your wheel and castor needs. Let’s roll!
For product orders or assistance, phone 01923 261777